Monday, January 9, 2012

The Skin Below The Chin- Part 1

It's easy to forget, but skin does actually cover our entire body, it's not just on our face. So, for my next few posts, I'll be focusing on "The Skin Below The Chin" and how we can help keep it beautiful and happy.

This weekend, a girlfriend of mine dropped by with a little kit- a pair of moisturizers that she has been mixing together to get amazing results and help fend off stretch marks on her expectant belly. (Put down the phone, Mom, I'm not expecting.) We had been talking about how she has noticed so many changes to her skin since she first learned that she was pregnant, and how she's really had to get creative with what to use to help keep her skin glowing and gorgeous. (Which, in her case, it always is!) It is absolutely true, as we've see in previous posts, that your skin will go through changes in tune with your hormones. So, she came up with this easy (and affordable) concoction and was kind enough to share it with me. I tried it and absolutely loved it! It's definitely going in my body care routine.

So what is this great mix? Well, with credit to my favorite Baby Mama, here it is:

A quarter-sized squirt of Vaseline Intensive Rescue Repairing Moisture Lotion, Fragrance Free mixed with a dime sized squirt of Biosilk Silk Therapy Serum. 

And that's it! Simple, but magic.

You can mix this up right in your hand. If you'd like to make a little bigger batch, you can certainly double this mix. There is no exact science here, but let me tell you, I've been using this on my legs for 2 days, and not only do they feel nice and supple, they also smell absolutely divine. I mean, it really does smell goddess-like! Tonight, I believe I will give my feet a little rub with this and then put them in some cotton socks before bed. And of course, if you are expecting, this is a great moisturizer for your tummy, and one that will delight your newly sensitive sense of smell.

Also, I've been using this post-shower and before bed, and it's not greasy, so you can put it on and get dressed or hop in bed without feeling heavy, sticky, or like an oil slick in your work slacks!



No comments:

Post a Comment