Friday, January 6, 2012

Resveratrol and Andalou Naturals

As I am always looking for a "miracle ingredient", I recently stumbled upon some research out of Harvard from professor David Sinclair about resveratrol, a natural compound found in the skin of red grapes and other fruits. So, have a nice glass of red wine (which doesn't contain a large amount of resveratrol, but does contain some), and read on, while I explain a little bit about a great new serum I've found containing resveratrol Q10.

There is a lot of scientific discussion about resveratrol, and several studies of it's anti-aging and life prolonging properties in rats, all of which is still being heavily debated at the moment. However, a small undercurrent of the beauty industry, especially the organic beauty industry, has picked up on this little anti-aging wonder ingredient, and it is somewhat of a natural product trend at the moment. 

So, of course, I googled. I found several supplements to take by mouth, but what I was really searching for was resveratrol in a topical form. Finally, I stumbled upon a brand that I had never heard of before, but am quickly becoming a big fan of, Andalou Naturals, and their Fruit Stem Cell Revitalize Serum.  I've been using it for about 3 weeks, and I have to admit, I really like this stuff. It's lightweight, which means it doesn't make you feel greasy, and I do feel like my skin is a bit brighter and softer, which is delightful, especially during winter time. I've been using it mainly before bed, under a heavier night cream, though if you had oily skin (or if it were summer time), you may be able to use this as a stand-alone moisturizer. I found this at my local Whole Foods, which was an added bonus, as I didn't have to pay for shipping. 

Andalou also has several masks and other skin care products, which I have not yet tried, but am eager to get my hands on soon. I did, actually, pick up this shampoo, Healthy Shine Sunflower & Citrus, which I've also really liked and have been using for the past few days. It does make my hair shiny, and it smells really nice, which is a plus! 

So, give resveratrol a google for yourself, and see what you come up with. Or, if you have already discovered resveratrol, let me know what you are using, so that I can try it for myself! 


No comments:

Post a Comment