Thursday, November 17, 2011

REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask

No, this is not a face mask from outer space, though I am fairly certain the term "glycolactic" sounds like something I heard on Star Trek as a kid. It's actually one of my new favorite products! A while back, I was in DC for a friend's wedding and my sorority sisters and I popped into Sephora. In typical Sephora fashion, I walked out with a bunch of little samples in my bag, and this mask was one of them. I have to admit, it took me a while to work up the courage to use it, as the sample says "not for sensitive skin." So, I waited until a nice rainy Friday night when I planned to stay home and decided to give it a whirl.

It tingled, so if you plan to try it, get ready for that. I did have a moment of panic that my face was going to turn into a splotchy mess. And, I made sure to only keep it on for the recommended 10 minutes. But when I washed it off, boy was I impressed!

My skin had a nice cherub like glow to it, and my pores felt tighter and smaller. I couldn't really tell if it made any difference on fine lines, but I only used it once, and let's face it, miracles do not occur overnight!

All in all, I am definitely planning on buying the full sized bottle. Unfortunately, this goes on the list of "beauty splurges" as it runs about $55 for 50 ml. You can get it from Sephora, http://www.sephora.com/, or directly from the REN website, http://www.renskincare.com/p/3036. The good news is that you only use it about once a week (perhaps a bit less if you do find it be a little irritating) and so the supply should last you a while.

As always, remember to avoid the eye area when you use products like this, as the skin around your eyes is more delicate.

No comments:

Post a Comment