Thursday, November 17, 2011

Beauty on a Budget

It should be stated, I would spend my every last dime trying crazy facial stuff. If I was on a deserted island, forced to choose between food and Bain de Soleil sunscreen, I'd pick the sunscreen. (Who wants to be on an island all burnt up and red like a lobster? Honestly.)

However, I just so happened to be married to a rather budget-minded accountant, who can't seem to wrap his CPA head around a $75 bottle of pore minimizer. (Alas, he could stand to use some, but that's neither here nor there.)

So, whichever way that you became a budget-minded beauty gal, this one is for you.

Here is a list of my absolutely-swear-by-can't-live-without products that all fall UNDER $20 each. Because, lets face it, we can't all drop cash like J Lo.

1. Mario Badescu's Drying Cream- This stuff is amazing. It helps dry up your whitehead or blemish, soothes your skin, and, if you happen to be Caucasian, also serves as a nice little concealer if you don't want to wear make up. A little 1/2 oz container will last you forever, and it only runs $14.


2. Neutrogena's Deep Clean Cream Cleanser- This is one of the very few products that I have always (and I do mean ALWAYS) had in my rotation. It is gentle, non-drying, and for around $6 will give you a nice healthy glow and a comfortable, clean tingle while you use it. Extra perk- my husband doesn't mind using it, since he doesn't consider it to be too "girly"!


3. Noxzema Triple Clean Anti-Blemish Pads- You might not believe it, but these little pads really do seem to agree with my sensitive skin. I have started using them again recently, only once a day, and I love the feeling of seeing the pad swipe any remaining dirt from my skin. My pores feel tighter, and my skin has been left with a nice overall smoothness, especially considering that a container of these pads will only set you back about $5 at your local drugstore.
4. Bain de Soleil's SPF 4 Orange Gelee Sunscreen- This stuff, while not delivering a large amount of sun protection, is a great moisturizing sunscreen for your body (not the face). If you have darker or more olive skin, you can likely use this all over and get enough proection, so long as you also wear a hat or sit under an umbrella to protect your face. As a fair-skinned gal, I find that this stuff is one of the best sunscreen's for my legs, which don't tend to burn like my chest or shoulders. Chlorine from the pool or salt from the ocean can dry out frequently-shaved summer legs, so this stuff really helps keep my legs looking sexy from head to toe. I find that a $12 tube will last me most all summer. Extra perk: the French name makes you feel like you splurged on fancy sunscreen!

5. Mario Badescu's Drying Lotion- Now, I know I reference my main man Mario fairly often, but his stuff is great and very reasonable. This is my all-time favorite whitehead killer. I use it every single night. My college roommate had a boyfriend who saw me out one night and told me it was the first time he had ever seen me "without those pink dots"... woops! However, this stuff is pretty fabulous and only costs $17. You'll want to read the instructions carefully, http://www.mariobadescu.com/drying-lotion, as the application is sort of different. (You don't shake the bottle, you actually want the pink stuff to settle at the bottom.) Now, because you'll likely want to use it all the time, one bottle may not last you but a month or so, but it's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment