Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Welcome to Good Clean Skin!

Well, I suppose I should start by saying that this is, without a doubt, my very first blog entry ever. Actually, I find most blogs to be, well, a bit much. But, this blog is not about me, or my dog and the cute things he does, or my life. This blog is about skin. Good clean skin to be exact. Because I don't know much about much, but I am obsessed with skin. Good clean skin. Flawless, poreless, porcelain, babydoll skin. I work at it every day. I've tried every regimen out there that you can possibly imagine. From Drug Store to La Mer, prescription to vitamins, diet to department stores, I've tried it. Once, my husband actually told me that the best part of coming home from work was seeing what color my face would be when he got there. Blue masks, green masks, white masks, gel masks... oh yes, I have them on rotation.

This blog will follow my crazy, zany trials, and hopefully help a few others of you out there to make some better skin choices. Let's face it, trying all the skin care products you might like to can get expensive! So, why not learn from someone elses' mistakes and success? And, perhaps we can have a laugh or two (hopefully not at my expense) along the way.

As a quick disclaimer, if you have skin issues that are beyond the scope of cosmetic imperfections, you should consult a dermatologist. I have my dermatologist on speed dial, and I invited his wife to join my book club. I send them a Moravian Sugar Cake at the holidays. You don't have to be that close with your dermatologist, but when you're trying to get in an emergency visit for the pityriasis alba that popped up after your girls beach trip, you'll thank me for the advice.

1 comment:

  1. K - love the blog. I am terrible at skin care, so I am definitely taking some of these recommendations. Speaking of, I am off to wash my face now. Got to start somewhere. :)

    ReplyDelete