Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pillow Talk


A while back, I came across a book, "6 Weeks to Sensational Skin: Dr. Loretta's Beauty Camp Handbook for your Freshest Face" and, of course, immediately dove into it's recommendations. This is a great book, and I'd recommend it to you if you are dorky enough, like me, to enjoy reading about your skin. One of Dr. Loretta's recommendation's is to purchase good pillowcases. Over 250 threadcount. Not your entire sheet set, just your pillowcases. I chose white, as those seem the "cleanest", and they can be washed on HOT to really kill the germs. You can find great pillowcases at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, these fabulous white ones are only $24.99 for a set of two. Or, splurge on a set from Pine Cone Hill  or Sferra.

Also, Dr. Loretta recommends washing the pillowcases in All: Free and Clear Detergent once a week. Her reason was simple- every single night, you lie down on your pillowcases and, if you are like me, smush one side of your face into it as you peacefully pass your way into slumber. Rubbing your face with bad linens and perfumed detergents for 8 hours straight can't be wise. So, I took her advice. I even made a rule that from then on we would have all-white towels as well. And I must admit, I think there is something to it. I felt a bit less blotchy upon waking up in the morning, and I enjoy sleeping knowing that my face is protected by a good, clean linen.

Lastly, and we'll discuss this further in the future, while you are resting on your new clean pillowcases, make sure that you are getting enough sleep. At least 7 hours, if you can't get 8. Sleep is when your cells rebuild themselves, and that's pretty important for your skin.

So, switch out your linens and your detergent. Get at least 7, if not 8, hours of sleep a night. Then be amazed at the results! You'll look, and feel, refreshed.

No comments:

Post a Comment