Thursday, February 21, 2013

Birchbox

First and foremost, I've got to admit a little failure on my part. I got about 4 days into my New Year's detox and caught the most terrible cold. I was so sick! I broke down and had chicken noodle soup from a can and other cold-comforting foods. So, I apologize for my lack of update as far as the detox goes, but I didn't finish out the full 7 days. I'm promising myself another detox (I'm thinking I may do a pre-holidays detox, this year? To prepare for the puff?) later this year, so hopefully I can keep you posted on that. However, I will say, just 4 days of detox did help me shed a bit of weight and my skin looked quite good- so if you are motivated to try a detox, let me recommend Mark Hyman's The Detox Box to you!

However, I couldn't go another day without letting you all know about this awesome Christmas present from my sweet hubby! He, creative man that he is, got me a year-long subscription to Birchbox, which is this neat, monthly little gift package that comes in the mail with little beauty samples for you to try! January's package had some awesome Shi Umera Hair Oil and this fun Harvey Prince "Skinny Chic" fragrance sample, which were both lovely. February's package just arrived with some fun nail enamel and some great eye make-up remover from Lancome.

The Birchbox is a fun way to try new things without going to the expense of purchasing an entire bottle (you know I never shy away from asking for a sample!) and has some brands that you may not be discovering on your own! So, if you're looking for a great gift for a friend/mom/sister/bestie or just enjoy a little treat in your mailbox once a month, I recommend trying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment