Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Detoxing for Good Clean Skin in the New Year!

Hello, GCS Readers! Please excuse my recent extended absence. A semester of Quantitative Methods and Financial Accounting had me under a bit of an academic rock. Let me tell you something else- it also had me totally stressed, messed up my entire exercise routine, and threw me for a good five pound weight gain. I know, I know- there is no good excuse for not exercising, drinking a Thursday night martini with classmates, and eating mini-twix bars for dinner. But let me tell you, getting up at 5 am to exercise, then working a full day, and then sitting in Financial Accounting until 9 pm without caffeine or chocolate- it's harder than you think!

All this to say, my skin has had it's own reaction to all this imbalance, and it has not been pretty. Blotchy coloring, rashing around the eyes, pimples on the jawline, dry spots and greasy spots. It got bad pretty fast, and unlike me, I let it go for far too long.

If you've read many of my previous posts, you know that I believe strongly in an "inside out" beauty routine. Your skin will mirror your lifestyle, and don't let any dermatologist tell you otherwise. Smokers, heavy drinkers, tanning bed lovers, overweight ladies-- your skin will show this long before you'd like for it to!

So, I've decided to get back to basics and go "Modified Paleo" for a while. I've recently ordered a few books from Amazon to help me- including a few from one of my favorite healthy book authors, Mark Hyman, PhD. I have purchased his "The Detox Box" and am looking forward to starting out my January with a good, healthy, NORMAL detox. No- this is not a "eat lemon rinds and drink strange asparagus juice for 2 weeks to lose 28 pounds" detox. This is a true, yoga-doing, healthy-eating, no alcohol, no caffeine detox and I am DETERMINED to do it right!

So, over the month of January, I'll be periodically discussing the effect this has on my skin. And, if the holiday over-indulgence has you feeling a bit puffy and pimply, perhaps you'll join me?! I'd love to have others try this with me and post about the effect it has on their skin, as well!




6 comments:

  1. That was a good read about detox treatment. This technique is very popular and effective in making us feel cleaner, clearer and lighter. A must try skin care technique for all ages!! If you need to perform professionally, you can get it from a non-surgical aesthetic clinic in your locality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your article informative and useful
    truly clean the face is necessary for good appearance
    I invite you to read my articles to know the best natural recipes for skin cleansing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very effective and knowledgeable blog for skin care. I really like your idea of detox treatment. This treatment will give your skin a new look. You have shared very effective ideas for skin treatment. Glad to visit your informative blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great article. Thanks for sharing. Apart from this you should this Skin Health article. You are probably familiar with turmeric as the spice that gives curried dishes their characteristic colour and flavour. The skin is the largest organ in the body. It has several important functions. It acts as a barrier to the external environment including harmful microbes, chemicals and radiation. It allows the exchange of water and some nutrients. It can eliminate toxins, minerals and other substances that have built up inside the body. For more information Check out this Skin Health article.

    ReplyDelete