Thursday, February 23, 2012

Improve Your Skin... With A Cocktail?!

Well, ladies and gents. I have officially heard it all. Today, in the Dining & Wine section of the New York Times, an article entitled "Improve Your Skin by Imbibing: Radical or Fadical?" caught my attention.

You can read the article here, on the New York Times website.


If you've been following this blog at all, you likely already know what I'll say about this. The fact is, many people suffer from sulfate sensitivity and don't even know it, meaning that no matter what, drinking will cause flushing and blotchy skin. For others, alcohol (which totally dehydrates you- hello, next day headache!) merely drys out your skin, making fine lines seem more prominent.

Now, I enjoy a nice drink from time to time- my friends know that I never refuse a glass of wine!- but this article actually worries me a bit. I can see women slurping down 3 or 4 drinks with the hopes that they will be more beautiful the next day, when in reality, they'll likely just have a raging headache and an upside down tummy. I'm afraid that these $22 cocktails only promote one thing: binge drinking and bar profit.

So, when you're looking for a beverage to improve your skin tone and texture, let me suggest this fancy cocktail- water over ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment